Ready2Roll Cycling Waiver and Release:
NOTE - if you are under age 18, your parent or guardian must accept this waiver on your behalf You MUST read and accept this waiver and agree to abide by the policies stated on the previous page before you can participate in any activities of Ready2Roll Cycling.
Participants may participate in the Ready2Roll Cycling activities at their own risk. Individuals who take prescription medication or have any medical condition for which exercise could pose an excessive risk should not participate without first consulting with their physician.
Ready2Roll Cycling rules include:
- Approved helmets are required at all cycling activities
- The use of headphones or cellphones is prohibited while riding
- Riders must sign in at the beginning and sign out at the end of each ride
- All riders agree to ride safely and courteously and to report unsafe behavior to our Ride Marshals
- All personal belongings are the sole responsibility of said person
- Participation is contingent upon completing the following application and accepting the release and waiver, and is revocable at any time by Ready2Roll Cycling.
1. In consideration of Ready2Roll Cycling’s accepting me as a participant, I on behalf of my spouse, heirs, estate, and assigns, expressly agree to, and do, hereby release, hold harmless and waive the liability of Ready2Roll Cycling, its managers, officers, members, employees, representatives and volunteers (hereinafter referred to as Released Parties) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action of any nature, including, but not limited to, claims for death, injury, illness or property damage arising out of or associated with: (a) my attendance at or participation in any activities of Ready2Roll Cycling; (b) any first aid, medical treatment or assistance provided to me in relation to any injuries that occur as a result of my attendance at or participation in any Ready2Roll Cycling activities; or (c) any food or fluids furnished during my attendance at or participation in any activities of Ready2Roll Cycling. THIS RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY EVEN IF ANY SUCH LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS AND CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR DEATH, INJURY, ILLNESS AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARE CAUSED OR CONTRIBUTED TO, SOLELY OR IN PART, BY THE RELEASED PARTIES OR BY ANY READY2ROLL CYCLING AGENT OR PARTICIPANT.
2. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with participating in Ready2Roll Cycling activities, including the risk of, physical injury or, death or disability as the result of such injury, and I am voluntarily electing to participate in said activities,. Specifically I am fully aware that: (a) road cycling is a potentially hazardous experience or activity with varying surface and environmental conditions; (b) weather, road conditions, equipment mishaps, third parties, including, but not limited to, other cyclists, pedestrians and vehicular traffic pose potential dangers for collision, interference, damage and injury; (c) it is reasonable that I should purchase, and I have been advised to purchase, reasonable insurance coverage for property insurance, life insurance, health insurance and disability insurance; (d) it is my responsibility to properly maintain and use my equipment and safety gear and to comply with the rules of Ready2Roll Cycling.
3. I knowingly assume the duty of being aware of the environmental, weather, road and traffic conditions related to the Ready2Roll Cycling activities and agree to adjust my activity to accommodate the conditions that may arise during the Ready2Roll Cycling activities.
4. I recognize that falls and collisions with other cyclists, pedestrians, and vehicles, or as a result of weather or road conditions, do sometime occur and I assume all risks and responsibility for such accidents and injuries.
5. I understand and agree that Ready2Roll Cycling does not provide any security services during its activities and securing my property is my sole responsibility.
6. I understand and agree that on Ready2Roll Cycling training rides:
(a) HELMETS ARE REQUIRED and I agree to wear a helmet while riding
(b) CELLPHONES ARE PROHBITED while riding
(c) HEADPHONES ARE PROHIBITED while riding
7. On behalf of myself, my spouse, heirs, estate, and assigns, if I sustain any damage or injury whatsoever as a result of any my participation in any Ready2Roll Cycling activities, I AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties.
8. If the parent or guardian of a minor is signing this agreement on behalf of a minor, the parent or guardian hereby indemnifies the Released Parties against any and all claims which may result from the minors participation in Ready2Roll Cycling activities.
9. I agree that this RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. I further agree that if any court of competent jurisdiction determines that any provision of this RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY shall be unenforceable or void for any reason, the unenforceability or void nature of such provision shall not affect the enforceability and binding nature of the remaining provisions of this RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY.
10. I hereby grant full permission to use my name, image, photograph, video, digital or other recordings of Ready2RollCycling activities for any purpose. I acknowledge and represent that I have had full opportunity to read this RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY and to ask and have answered questions regarding the foregoing language.