Start time is 8 a.m. SHARP unless noted in the ride schedule. A few very important things you should remember for the training rides:
- Helmets are required (ANSI or Snell approved).
- iPods are not allowed.
- Always sign in AND out with the training ride coordinator.
- Obey all traffic signs and laws. Follow recommended safety guidelines!
Pick up ride map.
Rides depart PROMPTLY at 8 a.m. PLEASE arrive no later than 7:15 a.m. for your first ride so you have time to get everything in order and prepare to ride. PLEASE allow plenty of time to get checked in and ready to go.
What to Bring:
- Equipment – Bike, helmet (no exceptions – No helmet, No ride!), shoes, water bottles (filled), etc.
- Spare tube (or tubes) for your size tires and tools to change a flat tire.
- Bottles filled with water/sports drink – We will provide drinks at designated spots on the ride but we don’t have the room or ability to provide drinks before the ride.
- Cell phone – turn it on after the midpoint of the ride.
What to Expect – On the Road:
The purpose of this training series is twofold. First and foremost, we want to ensure that you are in proper condition to complete the BP MS 150 and complete each training ride safely. Second, we want to ensure that you have a lot of fun before and during the ride to Austin and make a lot of new friends in the process.
The large group means there should be riders who ride at your pace, no matter what it is. PLEASE introduce yourself to the riders around you – this makes a HUGE difference in how easy and fun it is to get to Austin. Also remember to talk to the riders in your group to inform them of road hazards, when you are slowing, stopping, etc.
There will be one or more rest stops at designated spots along the route. These will be pointed out during the pre-ride announcements and identified on the ride route map. We will provide snacks, water and sports drinks at these stops. You can drop off outerwear as well, but please remember to pick it up when you return to the finish.