The Houstonian Club renovation is being conducted in three, separate phases to allow The Club to remain operational while not removing any services our Members currently enjoy.
The first phase begins in Feb. 2021.
What is happening during Phase 1?
Phase 1 will consist of constructing two new, multipurpose group exercise studios, cycle studio, yoga studio and new basketball court. The Resident Fitness Center will also begin being relocated however the current Resident Fitness Center will not be affected. Current group exercise and yoga classes will not be moved or affected during this phase. Use of the basketball court will continue on half-court during this time.
What areas will be under construction during Phase 1?
- Center Court Cafe' is closing on Monday, March 29 2021. This area will be under construction and Members can access each side of the club building through the hallway in front of the building or through the tennis plaza. A new hallway will be constructed parallel to the existing basketball court ASAP.
- Studio 360 will also be closed and moved into the Tred & Shred studio next to Studio A. Boxing will be available near the Tred & Shred studio temporarily.
- The existing Cycle Studio and Kid's Gym are part of this first phase. A temporary Cycle Studio and Kid's Gym will be built on half of the existing basketball court (the other half of the basketball court will remain open as-is for open play and lessons). The new Cycle Studio and Kid's Gym will be built and opened in Phase 2.
- The Rock Wall will be closed but the new, outdoor Bouldering Wall is available. A new climbing structure will be constructed in the new Kid's Gym and be available when it reopens during Phase 2.
- The workout pods on the west end side of the basketball court will be moved 3 doors down from Studio A on Feb. 16, 2021 in preparation for Phase 1 of the renovation. These workout pods will be accessible for Member use, Personal Trainer use and group classes. The outdoor pods on Tennis Plaza are also available.
- The Tennis Office will be relocated next to The Pilates Studio before March 29. Members will be able to check-in, schedule tennis, Padel or pickelball courts and purchase racquet sports retail items.
What new areas will be available after Phase 1 will be finished?
We are very excited to share that both new, multipurpose group exercise studios and a new yoga studio will be unveiled at the end of Phase 1. We also will have a new indoor basketball court with stadium seating relocated to the lower basement level. The renovated Resident Fitness Center will also be completed at the end of Phase 1,
What food options will be available after Center Court Cafe' closes?
A Grab and Go kiosk will be constructed in the middle of the Rotunda adjacent to the Welcome Desk and be open 6 a.m. to 9 pm. Monday – Friday and 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on the weekends. The Grab and Go kiosk will provide on-the-go meals, snacks, smoothies and other items Members can enjoy on the go or seated in the Rotunda, Lobby or pool side. Arbor Grill will also be open the week of Spring Break and on weekends following Spring Break until their daily operating hours resume for the summer.